We believe business can be a force for good, for people and the planet. Here are a few examples of how we prioritise sustainability and giving back in our business:
1. Plant-based: Our products are 100% plant-based and vegan-friendly. We know that the animal agriculture industry is a major contributor to carbon emissions, and that by reducing our consumption of animal products, and switching to a plant-based diet, is one of the most effective ways we can do our bit to help tackle the climate crisis.
2. Giving back to the community: Giving back to worthy causes has always been important to founder, Lauren. We partner with Work For Good to donate a portion of our sales to two UK-based charities:
FareShare fight hunger and food waste by redistributing surplus food to charities who prepare meals for a million people across the UK every week.
The Girls' Network inspire and empower disadvantaged teenage girls by connecting them with mentors and a network of professional female role models.
3. Locally-sourced: The vast majority of our ingredients are made in the UK, including the Scottish oats and gut-friendly amazaké that give our oats a gut-health boost.
4. Packaging: We opt for glass where possible. We prefer it for its non-toxic and non-porous properties. It can also be sterilised, re-used, and recycled without loss of integrity.
5. Labels: Our labels are made from recycled paper and are recyclable. They're also easy to remove - customers have re-used our jars to make jams, chutneys, body scrubs, candles and more!
6. Return scheme: London customers can return used glass jars for a discount off their next order. We're working to make our returns scheme nation-wide.
7. 'Best Conscious Brand' award nomination: We were delighted to have been nominated in the 'Best Conscious Brand' category in the Creative Impact Awards in September 2020, recognising how we prioritise sustainability in our business.